Understanding Modern WarfarePaperback Engels 2016 9781107592759
Understanding Modern Warfare has established itself as the leading introduction to the issues, ideas, concepts and context necessary to understand the theory and conduct of warfare in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries.
It is an invaluable text for military professionals and students of military history. Key features include: incisive coverage of the debates surrounding contemporary and future warfare; accessible, yet sophisticated, discussion across the land, sea, and air environments; and coverage of contemporary topics such as drones, cyber warfare, and hybrid warfare.
The book makes extensive use of text boxes to explain key concepts and to reference extended examples, and it includes annotated guides to further reading and key questions to promote the reader's further thinking.
This second edition has been fully revised and updated to take into account new debates and recent events in Syria, Iraq and Ukraine, and it has also been restructured to further improve its usefulness as a teaching tool.
Geef uw waardering
Part I. Strategy
1. The study and theory of strategy
2. Strategy defined
3. The practice of strategy
Part II. Land Warfare
4. Concepts of land warfare
5. Modern land warfare
6. Future land warfare
Part III. Naval Warfare
7. Concepts of naval warfare
8. The evolution of naval warfare
9. Naval warfare in the twenty-first century
Part IV. Air and Space Warfare
10. Concepts and characteristics of air and space warfare
11. The evolution of air and space power
12. Air and space power in the contemporary era: 1990–2030
Part V. Irregular Warfare
13. Key concepts and terms of irregular warfare
14. The historical practice of irregular warfare
15. Current irregular warfare
Part VI. Weapons of Mass Destruction
16. Weapons of mass destruction: radiological, biological, and chemical weapons
17. Weapons of mass destruction: nuclear weapons
Aanbevolen live events...
Jitske Kramer over Teamintelligentie
Mensen die dit boek kochten, kochten ook...
Managementboek Top 100
- Algemeen management
- Coaching en trainen
- Communicatie en media
- Financieel management
- Inkoop en logistiek
- Internet en social media
- IT-management / ICT
- Mens en maatschappij
- Personal finance
- Persoonlijke effectiviteit
- Reclame en verkoop
- Strategisch management
- Werk en loopbaan